FIBARO Z-Wave Dimmer insert module retrofits into an existing light switch enabling you to wirelessly control lights. The new FIBARO Dimmer 2 is a true universal dimmer - automatically selects the most suitable dimming type (trailing-edge or leading-edge) based on the bulb type used. It measures the power being used and reports that to the Z-Wave system and it is fully Z-Wave Plus certified - offering increased range, extended battery life and Over The Air upgrading (OTA).
FIBARO Dimmer 2 (FGD212)
Z-Wave Dimmer designed to work with any light source, automatically adapting to the bulb type being used.
- Works with incandescent bulbs, 230V halogen, 12V halogen and dimmable LEDs
- Detects the bulb type and adapts the dimming behaviour:
- Trailing-edge dimming - incandescent and halogen bulbs (resistive)
- Trailing-edge dimming - LEDs and other resistive-capacitive bulbs
- Leading-edge dimming - transformers and other resistive-inductive loads
- On/Off mode - supports non-dimmable loads (3-wire installation)
- Monitors and reports power - instantaneous (W) and accumulated power (KWh)
- Auto-off Timer - turns lights off after programmed time period
- Maximum load 250W (resistive), 225VA (resistive-inductive) and 200VA (resistive-capacitive)
- Supports 2-wire (no neutral) and 3-wire installations - further information is in our 2-wire/3-wire guide
- Second switch input for controlling additional associated devices or 2-way installations
- Various switch types - momentary (default), toggle, 1-way and 2-way
- May require FIBARO Dimmer Bypass 2 for loads less than 50W. Only use FIBARO Dimmer Bypass 2 (FGB-002) - do not use the old FGB-001 Bypass as this will cause damage to FIBARO Dimmer 2!
The FIBARO Dimmer 2 is Z-Wave Plus Certified. Z-Wave Plus (5th Generation Z-Wave) offers a lot of new features including increased range, extended battery life and Over The Air upgrading (OTA).